Tate species moves either backwards or forwards, as occasion may require, and is quite frequent in the woods of Brazil. Its body is cylindrical, from two feet to two and a half long, terminated by a very obtuse tail. It has no scales properly speaking, but its skin is divided into quadrilateral compartments disposed in rings round the body; 228 on the trunk and 26 on the tail. The lower lip is divided into six long and narrow plates; the head is small, rather sharp, protected by scutellae, and not distinguished from the neck. It has small eyes; the jaw is not dilatable, the teeth are conical, bent, unequal and distinct from each other; the nostrils are on the sides, and pierced in a single naso-rostral plate. The amphisboena is of a brownish color above, and a pinkish-white under the belly. The poison was taken from the living animal by cutting off part of its jaw, which was triturated immediately.
1. Debility. Sadness and lassitude in the morning, which leaves one while walking. Tender sadness which disposes one to be gentle and meek. Violent pain in the whole of the vertebral column, worse when walking, moving the arms or stooping.
5. Painful and large pimple on the left side of the upper lip, suppurating. Acne rosacea miliaria (a dry itch cured), covering extensive ellyptical spots; after the eruption healed, a furfuraceous desquamation took place wherever a pimple had been situated. Wakes at midnight, for ten consecutive nights. Disturbed sleep.
Fifteenth day. Depression.
10. Ennui. Impatience. Weight in the forehead and parietal regions. Weight at the forehead. Vertigo as if one would fall towards one side and is then impelled towards the opposite side by a contrary oscillation.
15. Pain at the inner canthus of the right eye as if a stye would form. Repeated beating at the right side of the forehead as if hail-stones fell upon it. Sweat about the head. Horrible headache, with sensation as if the feet were in the brain. Dizziness when turning round.
20. Constant twitching at the upper eyelids, especially the left. Constriction of the right eye as if strung together with a cord. Shooting pain in the outer angle of the left eye. Sensation as of a grain of sand in the right eye. Weariness of the eyes, in the evening, with pain and pricking when looking at the light.
25. Lachrymation and constriction of the left eye. Pain in the meatus auditorius, as if air were rushing in. Pricklings and beat at the right malar eminence. Dull pain is the right lower jawbone. Lancination and pain all through the right side of the head.
30. Pains in the right lower jaw, and considerable swelling aggravated by air and dampness. Swelling of the right lower jaw, worse in the open air. The teeth feel elongated and set on edge, especially the right lower molares. The toothache is worse in the evening and afternoon. Chewing is painful, but the contact of liquids is not painful.
35. Swelling of the tonsils. Deglutition is difficult, one is not able to swallow saliva. Protrusion of umbilical hernia. Chilliness and pains at the epigastrium. Tearing pain at the navel, all day.
40. Suppuration of inguinal hernia. The hernia is painful, and air is felt in it. Lancination in the navel as from a stiletto. Constipation. The miliary acne rosacea spreads over the chest, neck and back, with itching which is worse in the morning and decreases in the evening.
45. Gradually a white vesicle forms on every pimple, discharging a clear serum, after which the eruption dries up on the fifth day. Breaking out of little pimples, especially on the fore-arm. Painful swelling of the arm, on the fifteenth day. Cramp in the left leg. Painless drawing up of the legs.
50. Cramp in the left leg; it remains behind in walking as if paralyzed.
“Materia Medica” is a term commonly used in the field of homeopathy to refer to a comprehensive collection of information on the characteristics and therapeutic uses of various natural substances, including plants, minerals, and animal products.
One such work is “Materia Medica,” a book written by Benoit Mure, a French homeopath, in the 19th century. The book is considered a valuable resource for homeopaths and is still widely used today.
In “Materia Medica,” Mure provides detailed information on over 100 homeopathic remedies, including their sources, preparation methods, physical and mental symptoms, and indications for use. He also discusses the philosophy and principles of homeopathy, as well as its history and development.
The book is known for its clear and concise writing style, and it has been praised for its accuracy and depth of knowledge. It remains a popular reference for homeopaths and students of homeopathy.
Overall, “Materia Medica” by Benoit Mure is an important work in the field of homeopathy and is highly recommended for anyone interested in learning about the use of natural remedies in the treatment of various health conditions.
Get Online Homeopathy Consultation And Homeopathy Medicines Free Homeopathy Medicines Consultation Safe and Effective Remedies for You and Your Family
Homoeopathy studies the whole person. Characteristics such as your temperament, personality, emotional and physical responses etc. are of utmost importance when prescribing a remedy. Thus please give as much information as possible and answer as many questions as possible. The answer boxes will scroll to meet your needs. You can ask for professional advice on any health-related and medical subject. Medicines could be bought from our Online Store or Homeopathic store near you.
Homoeopathy is a system of alternative medicine that is based on the concept of “like cures like.” It uses highly diluted substances that are believed to cause similar symptoms as the illness being treated.
There are many online homoeopathic Materia medica, which are resources that list and describe the properties and uses of different homoeopathic remedies. Some popular online homoeopathic Materia medica include:
Boericke’s Materia Medica: A comprehensive reference guide to homoeopathic remedies, including information on their uses, indications, and dosages.
Clarke’s Dictionary of Homeopathic Materia Medica: A well-respected and widely used reference that includes information on the symptoms that each remedy is used to treat.
Homeopathic Materia Medica by William Boer Icke: A popular homoeopathic reference book that provides in-depth information on a wide range of remedies, including their indications, symptoms, and uses.
The Complete Repertory by Roger van Zandvoort: A comprehensive online reference that provides information on remedies, symptoms, and indications, and allows users to search for treatments based on specific symptoms.
There are many writers who have contributed to the development of homoeopathic materia medica. Some of the most well-known include:
Samuel Hahnemann: The founder of homoeopathy, Hahnemann wrote extensively about the use of highly diluted substances in treating illness. He is best known for his work “Organon of the Medical Art,” which outlines the principles of homoeopathy.
James Tyler Kent: Kent was an American homoeopathic physician who is known for his contributions to homoeopathic materia medica. He wrote “Repertory of the Homeopathic Materia Medica,” which is still widely used today.
William Boericke: Boericke was an Austrian-American homoeopathic physician who wrote the “Pocket Manual of Homeopathic Materia Medica.” This book is considered one of the most comprehensive and widely used homoeopathic reference books.
George Vithoulkas: Vithoulkas is a Greek homoeopathic physician and teacher who has written several books on homoeopathic materia medica, including “The Science of Homeopathy” and “Essence of Materia Medica.”
Robin Murphy: Murphy is an American homoeopathic physician who has written several books on homoeopathic materia medica, including “Homeopathic Clinical Repertory” and “Homeopathic Medical Repertory.”