Valerianate of Zinc. Zincic Isovalerate. Zn(C5H9O2)2. Trituration.
Clinical.-Angina pectoris. Asthma. Brain-fag. Deltoids, pain in. Diarrhoea. Emaciation. Epilepsy. Haemorrhoids. Hypochondriasis. Hystero-epilepsy. Priapism. Seminal emissions. Stiff-neck.
Characteristics.-Zn. v. is a favourite anti-hysteric medicine in old-school practice. There is one proving with substantial doses by C. B. Finney, which brought out a strong action on the genital sphere, the usual starting-point of hysteria. Finney had the brain-fag symptoms of Zn., and gastro-intestinal disturbance. The abdominal pains waked him from sleep, and he had to rise at 6.30 to Stool, which was partly foecal and partly fluid. Later he was constipated and had tenesmus. Hale quotes C. Dradwick as saying that a considerable number of patients having piles, who were taking Zn. v. for other troubles, had their piles relieved by the remedy. Finney had distinct heart pains, and Hale mentions angina pectoris as having been cured by Zn. v. Other conditions named by him are: Prosopalgia, spinal neuralgia, sciatica, ovarian neuralgia, cerebro-spinal meningitis, and tubercular meningitis. Zn. v. is indicated in hysteria with fidgety feet; hypochondriasis; groundless fears. Hansen gives 44 epilepsy without aura.” Finney had “Sensation as if a very heavy weight on chest and dull headache and stiffness of muscles of neck.
1. Mind.-Dulness of mind and headache with erections.-Great fulness of head, with difficult thinking.-Distressed mentally, mind all mixed up.
2. Head.-Slight pain in l. temple and l. mastoid process.-Fulness in head, esp. occiput.
3. Eyes.-Slight pain over r. eye, with dull headache.
5. Nose.-Hard sneezing.
8. Mouth.-Tongue coated white.
11. Stomach.-No appetite.-Belched up bitter fluid.-Woke with empty feeling in pit of stomach.
12. Abdomen.-Rose 6.30 a.m. with colicky pains.-Abdominal pains > by passing flatus.-Crampy pain in abdomen.-Drawing pain at umbilicus and sense of pressure in rectum when standing.-Pain in bowels while dressing and after breakfast.
13. Stool and Anus.-At 2 p.m. evacuation of faecal matter, followed by watery flow, with pain in belly.-Pressure on rectum when standing.-At 6.30 had to get up to stool, which was small, brown, and mushy, discharged with much wind.-Ineffectual desire for stool.-Stool scanty, much tenesmus.
15. Male Sexual Organs.-Tendency to erections all day.-Strong erection 8.15 a.m.; with dulness of mind and headache.-Nocturnal emissions on several successive nights; after them weight and constriction in perinaeum.
17. Respiratory Organs.-Spell of coughing, with sense of fulness in chest.
18. Chest.-Sensation as if very heavy weight lying on chest.
19. Heart.-Cramp-like pain in heart.
20. Neck.-Dull headache and stiffness of muscles of neck, lasting all evening.
22. Upper Limbs.-Pain in l. deltoid; later in r.
“Materia Medica” is a term commonly used in the field of homeopathy to refer to a comprehensive collection of information on the characteristics and therapeutic uses of various natural substances, including plants, minerals, and animal products.
One such work is “Materia Medica,” a book written by Benoit Mure, a French homeopath, in the 19th century. The book is considered a valuable resource for homeopaths and is still widely used today.
In “Materia Medica,” Mure provides detailed information on over 100 homeopathic remedies, including their sources, preparation methods, physical and mental symptoms, and indications for use. He also discusses the philosophy and principles of homeopathy, as well as its history and development.
The book is known for its clear and concise writing style, and it has been praised for its accuracy and depth of knowledge. It remains a popular reference for homeopaths and students of homeopathy.
Overall, “Materia Medica” by Benoit Mure is an important work in the field of homeopathy and is highly recommended for anyone interested in learning about the use of natural remedies in the treatment of various health conditions.
Get Online Homeopathy Consultation And Homeopathy Medicines Free Homeopathy Medicines Consultation Safe and Effective Remedies for You and Your Family
Homoeopathy studies the whole person. Characteristics such as your temperament, personality, emotional and physical responses etc. are of utmost importance when prescribing a remedy. Thus please give as much information as possible and answer as many questions as possible. The answer boxes will scroll to meet your needs. You can ask for professional advice on any health-related and medical subject. Medicines could be bought from our Online Store or Homeopathic store near you.
Homoeopathy is a system of alternative medicine that is based on the concept of “like cures like.” It uses highly diluted substances that are believed to cause similar symptoms as the illness being treated.
There are many online homoeopathic Materia medica, which are resources that list and describe the properties and uses of different homoeopathic remedies. Some popular online homoeopathic Materia medica include:
Boericke’s Materia Medica: A comprehensive reference guide to homoeopathic remedies, including information on their uses, indications, and dosages.
Clarke’s Dictionary of Homeopathic Materia Medica: A well-respected and widely used reference that includes information on the symptoms that each remedy is used to treat.
Homeopathic Materia Medica by William Boer Icke: A popular homoeopathic reference book that provides in-depth information on a wide range of remedies, including their indications, symptoms, and uses.
The Complete Repertory by Roger van Zandvoort: A comprehensive online reference that provides information on remedies, symptoms, and indications, and allows users to search for treatments based on specific symptoms.
There are many writers who have contributed to the development of homoeopathic materia medica. Some of the most well-known include:
Samuel Hahnemann: The founder of homoeopathy, Hahnemann wrote extensively about the use of highly diluted substances in treating illness. He is best known for his work “Organon of the Medical Art,” which outlines the principles of homoeopathy.
James Tyler Kent: Kent was an American homoeopathic physician who is known for his contributions to homoeopathic materia medica. He wrote “Repertory of the Homeopathic Materia Medica,” which is still widely used today.
William Boericke: Boericke was an Austrian-American homoeopathic physician who wrote the “Pocket Manual of Homeopathic Materia Medica.” This book is considered one of the most comprehensive and widely used homoeopathic reference books.
George Vithoulkas: Vithoulkas is a Greek homoeopathic physician and teacher who has written several books on homoeopathic materia medica, including “The Science of Homeopathy” and “Essence of Materia Medica.”
Robin Murphy: Murphy is an American homoeopathic physician who has written several books on homoeopathic materia medica, including “Homeopathic Clinical Repertory” and “Homeopathic Medical Repertory.”