Pinus canadensis. Hemlock Spruce. Canada Pitch. N. O. Coniferae. Tincture of fresh bark and young buds.
Clinical.-Indigestion. Liver disorder. Uterine displacement.
Characteristics.-Abies can. has been only imperfectly proved, but it has marked symptoms which will serve to indicate it in any case of disease in which they may be prominent: Great appetite, tendency to over-eat; gnawing, hungry, faint feeling in epigastrium. According to Hale it has cured: “A light-headed feeling, attended with a gnawing, hungry, faint feeling at epigastrium, craving hunger which, if gratified, was followed by distension of the stomach and hard beating of the heart.” Among the peculiar sensations are: A feeling as if the right lung and liver were small and hard; pain beneath right scapula. The patient lies with the legs drawn up. Shivering as if the blood turned to cold water.
Relations.-Compare: Abies nig., Sabina, Thuja, and other Conifers, Nux vom.
1. Mind.-Quiet, careless, but easily fretted.
2. Head.-Tipsy feeling, a swimming of the head; light-headed.
3. Eyes.-Sensation as of a stye in outer canthus of l. eye.
8. Mouth.-Dryness of the mouth.
10. Appetite.-Gnawing, hungry, faint feeling at the epigastrium.-Craving for meat, pickles, and other coarse food.-Some thirst.-A tendency to eat far beyond the capacity for digestion.
11. Stomach.-Distension of the stomach and epigastrium; burning.
12. Abdomen.-Sick feeling in the bowels.-Rumbling in the bowels after eating, with great appetite.-Sensation as if the liver were small and hard; as if bile were deficient.
13. Stool and Anus.-Burning in rectum.-Constipation.
14. Urinary Organs.-Urinates frequently day and night; urine straw-coloured.
16. Female Sexual Organs.-Thinks the womb is soft and feeble (thinks would cause abortion).-Sore feeling at the fundus of uterus; > by pressing.
17. Respiratory Organs.-Breathing laboured.-Sensation as if the right lung were small and hard.
19. Heart.-Action of the heart laboured.-Increased action of the heart with distension of the stomach.
20. Neck and Back.-Pain behind the right shoulder-blade.-Weak feeling in sacral region.-Feeling as of cold water between the shoulders.
24. Generalities.-Hands cold, shrunken.-Skin cold and clammy.-Lies with the legs drawn up.-Great prostration, wants to lie down all the time.-Very faint, as if top of head were congested.-Twitching of the muscles.
26. Sleep.-Gaping, drowsy.-Great restlessness at night, with tossing from side to side.
27. Fever.-Cold shivering all, over as if blood turned to ice-water.-Chills down back.
“Materia Medica” is a term commonly used in the field of homeopathy to refer to a comprehensive collection of information on the characteristics and therapeutic uses of various natural substances, including plants, minerals, and animal products.
One such work is “Materia Medica,” a book written by Benoit Mure, a French homeopath, in the 19th century. The book is considered a valuable resource for homeopaths and is still widely used today.
In “Materia Medica,” Mure provides detailed information on over 100 homeopathic remedies, including their sources, preparation methods, physical and mental symptoms, and indications for use. He also discusses the philosophy and principles of homeopathy, as well as its history and development.
The book is known for its clear and concise writing style, and it has been praised for its accuracy and depth of knowledge. It remains a popular reference for homeopaths and students of homeopathy.
Overall, “Materia Medica” by Benoit Mure is an important work in the field of homeopathy and is highly recommended for anyone interested in learning about the use of natural remedies in the treatment of various health conditions.
Get Online Homeopathy Consultation And Homeopathy Medicines Free Homeopathy Medicines Consultation Safe and Effective Remedies for You and Your Family
Homoeopathy studies the whole person. Characteristics such as your temperament, personality, emotional and physical responses etc. are of utmost importance when prescribing a remedy. Thus please give as much information as possible and answer as many questions as possible. The answer boxes will scroll to meet your needs. You can ask for professional advice on any health-related and medical subject. Medicines could be bought from our Online Store or Homeopathic store near you.
Homoeopathy is a system of alternative medicine that is based on the concept of “like cures like.” It uses highly diluted substances that are believed to cause similar symptoms as the illness being treated.
There are many online homoeopathic Materia medica, which are resources that list and describe the properties and uses of different homoeopathic remedies. Some popular online homoeopathic Materia medica include:
Boericke’s Materia Medica: A comprehensive reference guide to homoeopathic remedies, including information on their uses, indications, and dosages.
Clarke’s Dictionary of Homeopathic Materia Medica: A well-respected and widely used reference that includes information on the symptoms that each remedy is used to treat.
Homeopathic Materia Medica by William Boer Icke: A popular homoeopathic reference book that provides in-depth information on a wide range of remedies, including their indications, symptoms, and uses.
The Complete Repertory by Roger van Zandvoort: A comprehensive online reference that provides information on remedies, symptoms, and indications, and allows users to search for treatments based on specific symptoms.
There are many writers who have contributed to the development of homoeopathic materia medica. Some of the most well-known include:
Samuel Hahnemann: The founder of homoeopathy, Hahnemann wrote extensively about the use of highly diluted substances in treating illness. He is best known for his work “Organon of the Medical Art,” which outlines the principles of homoeopathy.
James Tyler Kent: Kent was an American homoeopathic physician who is known for his contributions to homoeopathic materia medica. He wrote “Repertory of the Homeopathic Materia Medica,” which is still widely used today.
William Boericke: Boericke was an Austrian-American homoeopathic physician who wrote the “Pocket Manual of Homeopathic Materia Medica.” This book is considered one of the most comprehensive and widely used homoeopathic reference books.
George Vithoulkas: Vithoulkas is a Greek homoeopathic physician and teacher who has written several books on homoeopathic materia medica, including “The Science of Homeopathy” and “Essence of Materia Medica.”
Robin Murphy: Murphy is an American homoeopathic physician who has written several books on homoeopathic materia medica, including “Homeopathic Clinical Repertory” and “Homeopathic Medical Repertory.”