Metallic Arsenic. As (A. W. 74.9). Trituration.
Clinical.-Constipation. Coryza. Diarrhoea. Eyes, affections of. Haemorrhoids. Headache. Itching. Sciatica. Syphilis.
Characteristics.-The symptoms of metallic arsenic are very like those of Ars. alb., but not entirely. The following may be regarded as the most peculiar: Symptoms recur every 14 days; coryza every 21 days. Pains extend from one part to another; or leave one part and appear in another. Attacks come suddenly and go slowly, or vice versÃ¢. Enlarged or swollen feeling of brain, head, eyelids, hands, and fingers. Cutting, burning, stinging pains. Itching in many parts, skin peels off in small scales. Hot bathing < pain in hip. > Lying on l. side (heart). Washing > itching of anus. Cold bathing > itching of face. < On waking in morning. Thinking of symptoms < Many symptoms appear on r. side. Ars. met. lights up syphilis after being many years dormant.
Relations.-Compare: Iod., Merc., Nat. c. in syphilis; Nux v. (drowsy after sound sleep); Rhus (pain in back, hips, &c.); Sul. (pulse); Ars. alb. Useful in pterygium after failure of Nux v. and Spigel. Antidoted by: Bell. (sore throat); Nat. c. (syphilitic symptoms).
Causation.-Laughing (headache). Thinking (headache).
1. Mind.-Memory weak, esp. of what is read; cannot take in what he reads.-Fears will be poisoned.
2. Head.-Heavy, dull feeling in forehead above frontal sinuses in morning.-Fulness; on waking at night.-As if brain were too large and it would burst.-Glow over l. brow.-Pain l. side extending to ear and eye, with nausea.-Headache when writing, thinking, laughing.-Hair falls off.
3. Eyes.-Soreness of eyes; irritated and red or sore.-Upper lid sore and feels swollen.-Pterygium (r).
5. Nose.-Coryza and hoarseness < in morning.-Eyes red, excoriating tears, nose swollen, head feels enlarged, full as if tied up; sneezing and dyspnoea increase every second day; return every two weeks.
6. Face.-Swelling, itching, burning, stinging of forehead and face, < at night, > by cold washing.
8. Mouth.-Tongue coated white; imprinted with teeth.-Mouth sore; ulcerated.
9. Throat.-Inflamed and ulcerated, several small ulcers.-Violently inflamed throat, pain on swallowing, heat < r. side, after coryza.
11, 12. Stomach and Abdomen.- < From brandy.-Takes away, or causes desire for alcohol.-Sore pain in liver goes through to shoulders and spine.-Pain in spleen down to groin, evening.-Pain in breast extends to region of spleen.-Bloated abdomen.-On waking, cutting, shooting, tormenting belly-ache, followed by burning, watery stool and cessation of pain.-Painful swelling in r. groin < on extending leg.
13. Stool and Anus.-Diarrhoea, burning watery stools with, relief of pain, but leaving much debility falls asleep sitting.-Constipation.-Piles exceedingly painful, bleed a little itching in an us < after rubbing; extending to perineum and scrotum; > washing with very hot water.
14. Urinary Organs.-Urine hot in evening.-Red, sandy sediment.
15. Male Sexual Organs.-Pain in groins; morning, r., evening, l.-Bubo r. < stretching leg; > walking; < sitting.-Itching in glans, prepuce swollen.-Chancres, with burning pain.-Offensive sweat on genitals.-Itching on scrotum.
16. Female Sexual Organs.-Catamenia too early and too scanty.-Heat in uterus and vagina; burning when touched.-Pain in uterus and vagina during period.
18. Chest.-Stitches in breasts; extending to hip; to spleen.-As if heavy load lying on chest all night; dreams of danger on water.
19. Heart.-Cutting pain in heart (4 p.m.); can only lie on l. side.-Pulse accelerated in morning (Sul.).
21. Limbs.-Hands and fingers feel swollen; feel stiff as if they could not be closed.-Cracking of finger-joints.-Icy coldness or burning of hands and feet.-Lameness in r. hip-joint, and down thigh, < moving from seat, > continuing to walk; < bathing; < lying on r. side; throbbing < morning, > evening.-Sensation of dryness in r. knee-joint.
24. Generalities.-Prostration of strength, weariness.
25. Skin.-Peels off in small scales.-Rash on face; or abdomen.-Small boils on face.-Syphilitic symptoms reproduced.
26. Sleep.-Excessive drowsiness all day after an unusually sound sleep at night.-Sleepy, but can’t sleep (Bell).
“Materia Medica” is a term commonly used in the field of homeopathy to refer to a comprehensive collection of information on the characteristics and therapeutic uses of various natural substances, including plants, minerals, and animal products.
One such work is “Materia Medica,” a book written by Benoit Mure, a French homeopath, in the 19th century. The book is considered a valuable resource for homeopaths and is still widely used today.
In “Materia Medica,” Mure provides detailed information on over 100 homeopathic remedies, including their sources, preparation methods, physical and mental symptoms, and indications for use. He also discusses the philosophy and principles of homeopathy, as well as its history and development.
The book is known for its clear and concise writing style, and it has been praised for its accuracy and depth of knowledge. It remains a popular reference for homeopaths and students of homeopathy.
Overall, “Materia Medica” by Benoit Mure is an important work in the field of homeopathy and is highly recommended for anyone interested in learning about the use of natural remedies in the treatment of various health conditions.
Get Online Homeopathy Consultation And Homeopathy Medicines Free Homeopathy Medicines Consultation Safe and Effective Remedies for You and Your Family
Homoeopathy studies the whole person. Characteristics such as your temperament, personality, emotional and physical responses etc. are of utmost importance when prescribing a remedy. Thus please give as much information as possible and answer as many questions as possible. The answer boxes will scroll to meet your needs. You can ask for professional advice on any health-related and medical subject. Medicines could be bought from our Online Store or Homeopathic store near you.
Homoeopathy is a system of alternative medicine that is based on the concept of “like cures like.” It uses highly diluted substances that are believed to cause similar symptoms as the illness being treated.
There are many online homoeopathic Materia medica, which are resources that list and describe the properties and uses of different homoeopathic remedies. Some popular online homoeopathic Materia medica include:
Boericke’s Materia Medica: A comprehensive reference guide to homoeopathic remedies, including information on their uses, indications, and dosages.
Clarke’s Dictionary of Homeopathic Materia Medica: A well-respected and widely used reference that includes information on the symptoms that each remedy is used to treat.
Homeopathic Materia Medica by William Boer Icke: A popular homoeopathic reference book that provides in-depth information on a wide range of remedies, including their indications, symptoms, and uses.
The Complete Repertory by Roger van Zandvoort: A comprehensive online reference that provides information on remedies, symptoms, and indications, and allows users to search for treatments based on specific symptoms.
There are many writers who have contributed to the development of homoeopathic materia medica. Some of the most well-known include:
Samuel Hahnemann: The founder of homoeopathy, Hahnemann wrote extensively about the use of highly diluted substances in treating illness. He is best known for his work “Organon of the Medical Art,” which outlines the principles of homoeopathy.
James Tyler Kent: Kent was an American homoeopathic physician who is known for his contributions to homoeopathic materia medica. He wrote “Repertory of the Homeopathic Materia Medica,” which is still widely used today.
William Boericke: Boericke was an Austrian-American homoeopathic physician who wrote the “Pocket Manual of Homeopathic Materia Medica.” This book is considered one of the most comprehensive and widely used homoeopathic reference books.
George Vithoulkas: Vithoulkas is a Greek homoeopathic physician and teacher who has written several books on homoeopathic materia medica, including “The Science of Homeopathy” and “Essence of Materia Medica.”
Robin Murphy: Murphy is an American homoeopathic physician who has written several books on homoeopathic materia medica, including “Homeopathic Clinical Repertory” and “Homeopathic Medical Repertory.”