Atropine. An alkaloid of Belladonna. C17 H23 NO3. The effects of the Sulphate of Atropine, the preparation most in use, are included. Solution.
Clinical.-Blepharospasm. Convulsions. Enuresis. Epilepsy. Eyes, affections of. Gastric ulcer. Locomotor ataxy. Mania. Neuralgias. Pancreatitis. Spinal irritation. Stammering. Tetanus. Vision, disorders of. Wryneck.
Characteristics.-Atropine, as the most active principle in Belladonna, produces, as we should expect, most of the characteristic effects of that drug; but at the same time the two are not identical. Atrop. produces hyperaesthesia of the sensory nerves. The most numerous symptoms have been observed in the eyes. All kinds of illusions of vision. Everything appears large. Motes over everything. I once cured with it a lady who had an appearance of shadows passing over whatever she looked at. It has shown an affinity for the pancreas, which relates it to Iod., Kali iod., and Iris. A case of chronic wryneck, of three years’ standing, was relieved and finally cured within two weeks by injections of 1/120 into the platysma, the dose being increased up to 1/20th. This was in old-school practice. It has caused difficulty of speech: frequent stuttering, especially at words difficult to pronounce; articulation indistinct, rapid and chattering.
Relations.-It antidotes: Muscarine and Opium. It is antidoted by: Op. and Physostigma. Like Bell., it is a right-side medicine.
1. Mind.-Frenzied with excitement.-Spectral illusions; sees insects and crawling things and tries to catch them.-Mania, tries to escape.-When spoken to often turns his head to wrong side.
2. Head.-Vertigo on turning head suddenly.-Feeling as if head were screwed up; walking caused the most severe sticking pains; > towards 11 a.m., and disappeared by evening.-Head very hot.-Headaches of epileptics.-Sticking pains in back of skull and over eyes, < every motion and stepping.-Sticking l. temple on waking, extending into ear and eye; > moving in open air.-Headache, with flushed face, blindness, and delirium.
3. Eyes.-Objects appear large, with red halo.-Everything seems elongated, objects appear in a cloud.-Clouds of flies; motes; bright spots; stars; flashes.-Figures on carpet appear constantly and successively to rise in her face.-Diplopia.-Sharp neuralgic pains in and about eyes.-At 9 p.m. eyelids heavy, difficult to keep open.
6. Face.-Face hot and very red.-Deathly pallor.
8. Mouth.-Mouth dry.-Tongue thick; cannot articulate distinctly.-Tongue semi-paralysed.-Speech slow, embarrassed, stuttering, chattering.
9. Throat.-Burning caused by coughing.-Dryness.-Dysphagia; swallowing causes paroxysms of suffocation.-Throat dark red.
11. Stomach.-Vomiting of food; after hot drinks; with severe sticking pains in umbilical region.-> After vomiting.-Region of stomach very sensitive; swelling in pyloric region.
14. Urinary Organs.-Frequent micturition.-Involuntary, but scanty; nocturnal enuresis.-Cutting, drawing pains in l. ovary, extorting screams, > bending; ovary swollen and tender during menses.-Epilepsy from ovarian irritation.
19. Heart.-Failure of action from chloroform and other cardiac paralyzers.-Accelerated pulse.
20. Back.-Burning in back under sternum and in region of stomach.-Spinal irritation, pressure causes pallor, nausea, belching, and retching.
21. Limbs.-Numbness; heaviness; paralysis of limbs.
24. Generalities.-Hyperaesthesia of some nerves: ophthalmic, auditory, olfactory, vaginal, spinal, solar-plexus, nerves of uterus and bladder.-Great desire for open air (faintness).-Very weak in the open air.-Giddiness and staggering.-> From motion.
26. Sleep.-Disturbed by gastric pains.-Restless through night.-Waked by frightful dreams.
“Materia Medica” is a term commonly used in the field of homeopathy to refer to a comprehensive collection of information on the characteristics and therapeutic uses of various natural substances, including plants, minerals, and animal products.
One such work is “Materia Medica,” a book written by Benoit Mure, a French homeopath, in the 19th century. The book is considered a valuable resource for homeopaths and is still widely used today.
In “Materia Medica,” Mure provides detailed information on over 100 homeopathic remedies, including their sources, preparation methods, physical and mental symptoms, and indications for use. He also discusses the philosophy and principles of homeopathy, as well as its history and development.
The book is known for its clear and concise writing style, and it has been praised for its accuracy and depth of knowledge. It remains a popular reference for homeopaths and students of homeopathy.
Overall, “Materia Medica” by Benoit Mure is an important work in the field of homeopathy and is highly recommended for anyone interested in learning about the use of natural remedies in the treatment of various health conditions.
Get Online Homeopathy Consultation And Homeopathy Medicines Free Homeopathy Medicines Consultation Safe and Effective Remedies for You and Your Family
Homoeopathy studies the whole person. Characteristics such as your temperament, personality, emotional and physical responses etc. are of utmost importance when prescribing a remedy. Thus please give as much information as possible and answer as many questions as possible. The answer boxes will scroll to meet your needs. You can ask for professional advice on any health-related and medical subject. Medicines could be bought from our Online Store or Homeopathic store near you.
Homoeopathy is a system of alternative medicine that is based on the concept of “like cures like.” It uses highly diluted substances that are believed to cause similar symptoms as the illness being treated.
There are many online homoeopathic Materia medica, which are resources that list and describe the properties and uses of different homoeopathic remedies. Some popular online homoeopathic Materia medica include:
Boericke’s Materia Medica: A comprehensive reference guide to homoeopathic remedies, including information on their uses, indications, and dosages.
Clarke’s Dictionary of Homeopathic Materia Medica: A well-respected and widely used reference that includes information on the symptoms that each remedy is used to treat.
Homeopathic Materia Medica by William Boer Icke: A popular homoeopathic reference book that provides in-depth information on a wide range of remedies, including their indications, symptoms, and uses.
The Complete Repertory by Roger van Zandvoort: A comprehensive online reference that provides information on remedies, symptoms, and indications, and allows users to search for treatments based on specific symptoms.
There are many writers who have contributed to the development of homoeopathic materia medica. Some of the most well-known include:
Samuel Hahnemann: The founder of homoeopathy, Hahnemann wrote extensively about the use of highly diluted substances in treating illness. He is best known for his work “Organon of the Medical Art,” which outlines the principles of homoeopathy.
James Tyler Kent: Kent was an American homoeopathic physician who is known for his contributions to homoeopathic materia medica. He wrote “Repertory of the Homeopathic Materia Medica,” which is still widely used today.
William Boericke: Boericke was an Austrian-American homoeopathic physician who wrote the “Pocket Manual of Homeopathic Materia Medica.” This book is considered one of the most comprehensive and widely used homoeopathic reference books.
George Vithoulkas: Vithoulkas is a Greek homoeopathic physician and teacher who has written several books on homoeopathic materia medica, including “The Science of Homeopathy” and “Essence of Materia Medica.”
Robin Murphy: Murphy is an American homoeopathic physician who has written several books on homoeopathic materia medica, including “Homeopathic Clinical Repertory” and “Homeopathic Medical Repertory.”