Hydrate of Chloral. C2 HCl3 OH2O. Solution; trituration.
Clinical.-Anaemia. Angina pectoris. Apoplexy. Asthma. Bedsores. Bronchitis. Chorea. Conjunctivitis. Dropsy. Dysmenia. Enuresis. Erysipelas. Haemorrhagic diathesis. Heart, hypertrophy of; paralysis of. Hydrophobia. Keratitis. Labour, abnormal. Leucorrhoea. Night-terrors. Palpitation. Ptosis. Puerperal convulsions. Purpura. Urticaria.
Characteristics.-Introduced as a hypnotic, Chloral soon showed that it possessed wide powers of disturbing the organism, and many persons (including the late Professor Tyndall) have been fatally poisoned by overdosing. The brain, eyes, urinary and sexual organs and skin are most affected. W. S. Gee cured with it a terrific headache of several days’ duration: dull, heavy aching in forehead; coming on each morning 8 a.m.; < sudden motion; < lying down; > in, open air. The 6th gave great relief though it aggravated at first, the aggravation occurring ten minutes after each dose. One dose of the 25x cured permanently. A person under the influence of Chloral hears voices, sees visions of arches, &c., when in the dark or when the eyes are shut. Night-terrors in children have been cured with it. The brain tissue is probably congested in the same way as the skin in the urticaria of the drug. Urticaria gives a good illustration of the effect of the drug on the minute tissues. The brain is congested; hard, full, pressing pains in head. Eyes injected; the eyeballs feel too large; lids swollen, heavy, can hardly lift them. Asthma and wheezing respirations are probably due to an urticarious condition of the lung tissue. A symptom that is very significant is this: When lying on back, inspiration was through the nose, while expiration was blown from the lips as in apoplexy. The heart’s action is increased, with oppression. Palpitation, hypertrophy. Later there is paralysis of heart. Heart dilated or weakened, with peculiar fulness and lightness of chest and sense of emptiness in stomach. The sense of sinking and oppression at the pit of the stomach is marked and shows a profound action on the solar plexus. The insomnia for which Chloral is suited is that due to over-fatigue. Snoring in sleep. Lying down . < Night and evening.
Relations.-Antidoted by: Ammon., Atrop., Digit. (heart), Moschus, Electricity. Compare: Bell., Chlorof., Chi., and Opium in stertorous breathing and puffing out cheeks; Gels., Nux.; in urticaria, Astac.
1. Mind.-Comatose for days, ending in cerebral congestion.-Melancholia, idiocy, and insanity.-Constantly hears voices.-Hurried and excited, walking up and down the room conversing with imaginary beings.
2. Head.-Hard, full pressing pains in head, long-lasting.-Dull, heavy headache in occiput and forehead over eyes; < moving about and lying down, slightly > by going into open air.-Headache in forehead, extending to occiput.-Headache over eyes running down into eyes; < l. side; eyes feel constricted.
3. Eyes.-Retinal hyperaesthesia.-Dim sight.-Eyelids feel too large.-Burning in eyes and lids.-Conjunctiva injected; great pain.-Ulcer on cornea; phlyctenae; catarrhal ophthalmia: intense itching of inner canthi and edges of lids.
14. Urinary Organs.-Enuresis, passes water in bed copiously without knowing it.
16. Female Sexual Organs.-Pruritus during pregnancy.-Chorea during pregnancy.-Tedious labour; nervous, irritable, hysterical; pains apparently forcible have no effect.-Puerperal convulsions.
17. Respiratory Organs.-Gasping breathing and confusion of thought.-Dyspnoea and suffocation, pressure at base of chest in front, urgent thirst.-Slow respiration; imperceptible pulse.-When lying on back, inspiration through nose, expiration blown from lips as in apoplexy.
19. Heart.-Increased action with dyspnoea.-Violent palpitation; hypertrophy with dilatation.-Angina pectoris.-Threatened paralysis.
21. Limbs.-Foul-smelling foot-sweat.
24. Generalities.-Anaemia and emaciation.-Coagulability of blood destroyed; haemorrhagic diathesis.-Bedsores.-Muscular prostration and somnolence.
25. Skin.-Violent stinging-itching over whole body.-Diffuse inflammatory redness like scarlatina.-Urticaria, coming out at night, disappearing by day.-Wheals come on suddenly from a chill; so long as she remains in the warmth is not troubled with them.-Purpura haemorrhagica.-Desquamation in patches.-Bedsores.-Dropsy.
26. Sleep.-Insomnia from over-fatigue.-Night-terrors, esp. in teething children.
27. Fever.-Sensation of heat all over body, particularly on face.
“Materia Medica” is a term commonly used in the field of homeopathy to refer to a comprehensive collection of information on the characteristics and therapeutic uses of various natural substances, including plants, minerals, and animal products.
One such work is “Materia Medica,” a book written by Benoit Mure, a French homeopath, in the 19th century. The book is considered a valuable resource for homeopaths and is still widely used today.
In “Materia Medica,” Mure provides detailed information on over 100 homeopathic remedies, including their sources, preparation methods, physical and mental symptoms, and indications for use. He also discusses the philosophy and principles of homeopathy, as well as its history and development.
The book is known for its clear and concise writing style, and it has been praised for its accuracy and depth of knowledge. It remains a popular reference for homeopaths and students of homeopathy.
Overall, “Materia Medica” by Benoit Mure is an important work in the field of homeopathy and is highly recommended for anyone interested in learning about the use of natural remedies in the treatment of various health conditions.
Get Online Homeopathy Consultation And Homeopathy Medicines Free Homeopathy Medicines Consultation Safe and Effective Remedies for You and Your Family
Homoeopathy studies the whole person. Characteristics such as your temperament, personality, emotional and physical responses etc. are of utmost importance when prescribing a remedy. Thus please give as much information as possible and answer as many questions as possible. The answer boxes will scroll to meet your needs. You can ask for professional advice on any health-related and medical subject. Medicines could be bought from our Online Store or Homeopathic store near you.
Homoeopathy is a system of alternative medicine that is based on the concept of “like cures like.” It uses highly diluted substances that are believed to cause similar symptoms as the illness being treated.
There are many online homoeopathic Materia medica, which are resources that list and describe the properties and uses of different homoeopathic remedies. Some popular online homoeopathic Materia medica include:
Boericke’s Materia Medica: A comprehensive reference guide to homoeopathic remedies, including information on their uses, indications, and dosages.
Clarke’s Dictionary of Homeopathic Materia Medica: A well-respected and widely used reference that includes information on the symptoms that each remedy is used to treat.
Homeopathic Materia Medica by William Boer Icke: A popular homoeopathic reference book that provides in-depth information on a wide range of remedies, including their indications, symptoms, and uses.
The Complete Repertory by Roger van Zandvoort: A comprehensive online reference that provides information on remedies, symptoms, and indications, and allows users to search for treatments based on specific symptoms.
There are many writers who have contributed to the development of homoeopathic materia medica. Some of the most well-known include:
Samuel Hahnemann: The founder of homoeopathy, Hahnemann wrote extensively about the use of highly diluted substances in treating illness. He is best known for his work “Organon of the Medical Art,” which outlines the principles of homoeopathy.
James Tyler Kent: Kent was an American homoeopathic physician who is known for his contributions to homoeopathic materia medica. He wrote “Repertory of the Homeopathic Materia Medica,” which is still widely used today.
William Boericke: Boericke was an Austrian-American homoeopathic physician who wrote the “Pocket Manual of Homeopathic Materia Medica.” This book is considered one of the most comprehensive and widely used homoeopathic reference books.
George Vithoulkas: Vithoulkas is a Greek homoeopathic physician and teacher who has written several books on homoeopathic materia medica, including “The Science of Homeopathy” and “Essence of Materia Medica.”
Robin Murphy: Murphy is an American homoeopathic physician who has written several books on homoeopathic materia medica, including “Homeopathic Clinical Repertory” and “Homeopathic Medical Repertory.”