Coccinella septempunctata. Ladybird. Sun-chafer. N. O. Coleoptera. Tincture of freshly crushed beetles.
Clinical.-Face, neuralgia of. Hydrophobia. Tic douloureux. Toothache.
Characteristics.-Most of the symptoms of Coccinella appear in the teeth and nerves of the face and mouth. It has been used in hydrophobia, and therein its actions would appear to be analogous to that of Cantharis. Symptoms indicating it are: < by any bright object. Is awakened by profuse accumulation of Sativa; vomits and complains of sore throat. The neuralgia of Coccin. is < at night, accompanied by icy cold extremities and cold, moist skin; the right side is most affected. Pains extend from one part to another, and may jump from side to side. Its attacks recur periodically; are often of brief duration but quickly recurring, generally < at night; but may be entirely absent in the night. Returning every eight, ten, twelve, fourteen, or twenty days.
Relations.-Compare: in tic douloureux, Spi., Thuj.
2. Head.-Dull headache, as from an enlargement of the brain towards the occiput.-Semi-lateral, tearing and shooting pains in the sinciput.
6. Face.-Faceache, the disappearance of which is attended by faintness, oppressed breathing, and intermittent pulse.-Flush of blood (congestion) to face, like a transient heat; cheeks red, esp. r.-Pressure and heaviness, esp. over r. eye, which is sensitive to least touch.-During paroxysm, cannot open eyes, pain < by any bright object.-Tearing, rhythmical with pulse, extending from r. upper jaw to the lobule of ear.
7. Teeth.-Chronic pain extending from superior molars to forehead; affected part paler; attack lasts only a minute but is instantly repeated, < at night, preventing sleep.-Sensation of coldness in all the teeth; in the entire buccal cavity.-Rhythmical, violent drawing in both rows of teeth while eating.-Sensation as though the teeth would be drawn out; severe drawing in jerks.-Jerking and tearing with stitches, extending to occiput with warmth through whole head.-Painful sensation in back teeth as if they were hollow and air were forced into them.-Pulsative jerking in back teeth.-Swollen gum.
8. Mouth.-Tobacco bites the tongue severely.
9. Throat.-Sensation in the throat as though the uvula was too long (Nux vom. has this same sensation, when the uvula is bluish and inflamed).
10. Appetite.-Appetite lost.
17. Respiratory Organs.-With disappearance of pain in face respiration becomes oppressed.
26. Sleep.-Nocturnal attacks of pain entirely preventing sleep, but could not sleep even when pain did not appear.-Attack ends in a general heat and sleep of two or three hours, from which he wakes without any pain.
“Materia Medica” is a term commonly used in the field of homeopathy to refer to a comprehensive collection of information on the characteristics and therapeutic uses of various natural substances, including plants, minerals, and animal products.
One such work is “Materia Medica,” a book written by Benoit Mure, a French homeopath, in the 19th century. The book is considered a valuable resource for homeopaths and is still widely used today.
In “Materia Medica,” Mure provides detailed information on over 100 homeopathic remedies, including their sources, preparation methods, physical and mental symptoms, and indications for use. He also discusses the philosophy and principles of homeopathy, as well as its history and development.
The book is known for its clear and concise writing style, and it has been praised for its accuracy and depth of knowledge. It remains a popular reference for homeopaths and students of homeopathy.
Overall, “Materia Medica” by Benoit Mure is an important work in the field of homeopathy and is highly recommended for anyone interested in learning about the use of natural remedies in the treatment of various health conditions.
Get Online Homeopathy Consultation And Homeopathy Medicines Free Homeopathy Medicines Consultation Safe and Effective Remedies for You and Your Family
Homoeopathy studies the whole person. Characteristics such as your temperament, personality, emotional and physical responses etc. are of utmost importance when prescribing a remedy. Thus please give as much information as possible and answer as many questions as possible. The answer boxes will scroll to meet your needs. You can ask for professional advice on any health-related and medical subject. Medicines could be bought from our Online Store or Homeopathic store near you.
Homoeopathy is a system of alternative medicine that is based on the concept of “like cures like.” It uses highly diluted substances that are believed to cause similar symptoms as the illness being treated.
There are many online homoeopathic Materia medica, which are resources that list and describe the properties and uses of different homoeopathic remedies. Some popular online homoeopathic Materia medica include:
Boericke’s Materia Medica: A comprehensive reference guide to homoeopathic remedies, including information on their uses, indications, and dosages.
Clarke’s Dictionary of Homeopathic Materia Medica: A well-respected and widely used reference that includes information on the symptoms that each remedy is used to treat.
Homeopathic Materia Medica by William Boer Icke: A popular homoeopathic reference book that provides in-depth information on a wide range of remedies, including their indications, symptoms, and uses.
The Complete Repertory by Roger van Zandvoort: A comprehensive online reference that provides information on remedies, symptoms, and indications, and allows users to search for treatments based on specific symptoms.
There are many writers who have contributed to the development of homoeopathic materia medica. Some of the most well-known include:
Samuel Hahnemann: The founder of homoeopathy, Hahnemann wrote extensively about the use of highly diluted substances in treating illness. He is best known for his work “Organon of the Medical Art,” which outlines the principles of homoeopathy.
James Tyler Kent: Kent was an American homoeopathic physician who is known for his contributions to homoeopathic materia medica. He wrote “Repertory of the Homeopathic Materia Medica,” which is still widely used today.
William Boericke: Boericke was an Austrian-American homoeopathic physician who wrote the “Pocket Manual of Homeopathic Materia Medica.” This book is considered one of the most comprehensive and widely used homoeopathic reference books.
George Vithoulkas: Vithoulkas is a Greek homoeopathic physician and teacher who has written several books on homoeopathic materia medica, including “The Science of Homeopathy” and “Essence of Materia Medica.”
Robin Murphy: Murphy is an American homoeopathic physician who has written several books on homoeopathic materia medica, including “Homeopathic Clinical Repertory” and “Homeopathic Medical Repertory.”