Sulphate of Copper. Cu SO4 5H2O. Trituration.
Clinical.-Alopecia. Diarrhoea. Dysentery. Eyes, granular lids; catarrhal and purulent conjunctivitis. Itch. Syphilis. Trachoma.
Characteristics.-Sulphate of Copper is a well-known emetic and caustic. It causes forcible vomiting and much nausea. Paleness of face; or jaundiced appearance; pale skin generally; a peculiar diarrhoea; enlarged liver. J. D. Tyrrell (Med. Adv., xix. 14) mentions the case of a lady who could not use Cupr. sul. for “stamping” fancywork, because it “made her face hurt and swell so she could scarcely see, and her lips became everted, “turned inside out,” she said.” It is a well-known application in allopathic practice for stimulating flabby granulations, and it has cured itching eruptions, and manifestations of syphilis. Rest > pains.
Relations.-It is antidoted by: Milk; eggs; pure yellow prussiate of potash. Compare: Kali bich. (cough) and Merc.
1. Mind.-Anxiety; or great apathy.-Remarkable disturbance of mind, every utterance distorted.
2. Head.-Bald spot over r. parietal bone, not depending on any discoverable cause.
3. Eyes.-Twitching of closed lids.-Eyes stiff and dim.
6. Face.-Lips pale, bluish, at corners and internal edges.-Face painful and swollen so she can scarcely see; lips turned inside out.
8. Mouth.-Tongue cold; coated, bluish.-Greenish tint along free border of gums.-Burning in mouth and oesophagus in morning.
11. Stomach.-Excessive nausea; forcible vomiting returning from time to time; vomits greenish-brown mucus.-Violent pain in stomach followed by faintness.
12. Abdomen.-Tearing pains in hypochondria, on inspiration, painful to touch as if bruised.-Liver enlarged.-Abdomen drawn in.
13. Stool.-Four pultaceous greenish-yellow stools, without the least trace of blood.-Stool pultaceous, brown-red, with streaks of blood and tenesmus during stool.-Constipation.
17. Respiratory Organs.-Hacking cough which impedes respiration.-Croupy cough with very tenacious mucus.
19. Heart.-Feeling as of a throbbing lump in heart internally, beating of heart seems louder; lasted five minutes and went away gradually.
21. Limbs.-Limbs cold, nearly cyanotic.-Dull aching soreness in middle of tibia, when walking; > at rest; tenderness on pressure.
25. Skin.-Pale, colourless.-Icterus.-Itching nodules on shoulders.-Itchiness; a kind of dry itch.
“Materia Medica” is a term commonly used in the field of homeopathy to refer to a comprehensive collection of information on the characteristics and therapeutic uses of various natural substances, including plants, minerals, and animal products.
One such work is “Materia Medica,” a book written by Benoit Mure, a French homeopath, in the 19th century. The book is considered a valuable resource for homeopaths and is still widely used today.
In “Materia Medica,” Mure provides detailed information on over 100 homeopathic remedies, including their sources, preparation methods, physical and mental symptoms, and indications for use. He also discusses the philosophy and principles of homeopathy, as well as its history and development.
The book is known for its clear and concise writing style, and it has been praised for its accuracy and depth of knowledge. It remains a popular reference for homeopaths and students of homeopathy.
Overall, “Materia Medica” by Benoit Mure is an important work in the field of homeopathy and is highly recommended for anyone interested in learning about the use of natural remedies in the treatment of various health conditions.
Get Online Homeopathy Consultation And Homeopathy Medicines Free Homeopathy Medicines Consultation Safe and Effective Remedies for You and Your Family
Homoeopathy studies the whole person. Characteristics such as your temperament, personality, emotional and physical responses etc. are of utmost importance when prescribing a remedy. Thus please give as much information as possible and answer as many questions as possible. The answer boxes will scroll to meet your needs. You can ask for professional advice on any health-related and medical subject. Medicines could be bought from our Online Store or Homeopathic store near you.
Homoeopathy is a system of alternative medicine that is based on the concept of “like cures like.” It uses highly diluted substances that are believed to cause similar symptoms as the illness being treated.
There are many online homoeopathic Materia medica, which are resources that list and describe the properties and uses of different homoeopathic remedies. Some popular online homoeopathic Materia medica include:
Boericke’s Materia Medica: A comprehensive reference guide to homoeopathic remedies, including information on their uses, indications, and dosages.
Clarke’s Dictionary of Homeopathic Materia Medica: A well-respected and widely used reference that includes information on the symptoms that each remedy is used to treat.
Homeopathic Materia Medica by William Boer Icke: A popular homoeopathic reference book that provides in-depth information on a wide range of remedies, including their indications, symptoms, and uses.
The Complete Repertory by Roger van Zandvoort: A comprehensive online reference that provides information on remedies, symptoms, and indications, and allows users to search for treatments based on specific symptoms.
There are many writers who have contributed to the development of homoeopathic materia medica. Some of the most well-known include:
Samuel Hahnemann: The founder of homoeopathy, Hahnemann wrote extensively about the use of highly diluted substances in treating illness. He is best known for his work “Organon of the Medical Art,” which outlines the principles of homoeopathy.
James Tyler Kent: Kent was an American homoeopathic physician who is known for his contributions to homoeopathic materia medica. He wrote “Repertory of the Homeopathic Materia Medica,” which is still widely used today.
William Boericke: Boericke was an Austrian-American homoeopathic physician who wrote the “Pocket Manual of Homeopathic Materia Medica.” This book is considered one of the most comprehensive and widely used homoeopathic reference books.
George Vithoulkas: Vithoulkas is a Greek homoeopathic physician and teacher who has written several books on homoeopathic materia medica, including “The Science of Homeopathy” and “Essence of Materia Medica.”
Robin Murphy: Murphy is an American homoeopathic physician who has written several books on homoeopathic materia medica, including “Homeopathic Clinical Repertory” and “Homeopathic Medical Repertory.”