“A normally white, usually dark olive green, soft, glutinous mucous substance, of a urinous odour, which floats in the allantois fluid, or is attached to the allantois membrane, of the mare or cow, chiefly during the last months of pregnancy” (Hering). Trituration of the dried substance taken from the tongue of a newly-born filly.
Clinical.-Chorea. Melancholia. Prostatitis. Wrist, paralysis of; rheumatism of.
Characteristics.-The clinical experience with this remedy has been so limited, that but few characteristic indications have been made out. These, however, are peculiar: Icy coldness in stomach. Violent pain in wrists. Paralysis of wrist in morning in bed. Weakness of hands and fingers so that he cannot hold anything. A case of chorea was cured on these last symptoms. There is weakness, restlessness, melancholy. The headache is > lying on painful side, < walking in sun. Chilliness, > from being covered. A peculiar sensation is as if the head would fall forward on walking; as of a plug in the throat; as if a swelling retarded the flow of the urine. There is desire to lie down, but no relief on doing so.
Relations.-Antidoted by: Coffee. Caust. relieved the paralysis of wrist. Compare: Anac. (plug sensation).
1. Mind.-Melancholy; a young man sits in the corner and does not want to have anything to do with the world.-Restlessness; must move from place to place.
2. Head.-Sensation of lightness in head.-Pressive pain in temples.-Headache, with giddiness, heat in head, sleepiness, yawning, thirst.-Violent headache; heaviness on vertex; when walking it feels as if head would fall forward.-Headache > when lying on painful side; < when walking in sun.-The head feels so heavy that it falls forward if he raises himself.-The hair becomes nearly dry; falling off of hair.
3. Eyes.-The light of the candle looks blue.-Stitches in eyes (with headache).-Painfulness of eyes when moving them, with headache.
5. Nose.-Sensation of coldness when drawing the air in.-Bleeding of nose in morning.
6. Face.-Involuntary twitching of under lip.
8. Mouth.-Bitter taste in mouth.-Tongue coated white, with redness of tip.-Increased secretion of saliva, with headache or sore throat.
9. Throat.-Painfulness of l. tonsil.-Sensation of plug in throat (l. side).
10. Appetite.-Desire for acids, and aversion to sweet things.
11. Stomach.-Nausea, esp. in a draught of air.-Icy coldness in stomach.-Sensation of emptiness in stomach (and head).
13. Stool and Anus.-Soft stool, with vomiting; discharge of prostatic fluid after micturition.-Hard stool, in balls.-Spasmodic contraction of sphincter ani.
14. Urinary Organs.-Frequent discharge of watery urine.-Urine discharged in a small stream, with straining-it feels as if a swelling retarded it; prostatitis.-Drawing pain from anus through urethra.
15. Male Sexual Organs.-Sexual desire increased.-Prostatitis.-Drawing pain in testicles.
16. Female Sexual Organs.-Menstruation too early.
17. Respiratory Organs.-Larynx feels raw, as if air were too cold.-Tickling in throat when breathing.-Cough, barking, during sleep.
18. Chest.-Stitches in l. side of chest.
21. Limbs.-Heaviness in limbs.
22. Upper Limbs.-Left arm feels as if paralysed.-Violent pain in wrists.-Paralysis of wrist, every morning in bed.-Sensation in wrist as if sprained, esp. l.-Great weakness of hands and fingers, so that he cannot hold anything.-Formication on r. hand.
23. Lower Limbs.-Weakness, and as if sprained, in knees.-Weakness and sensation of dryness in foot joints and soles of feet.-Cramps in soles of feet, in evening.-Cold feet.
24. Generalities.-Great weakness of body and mind.-Great weakness and debility, with pale face.-Desire to lie down, with no relief on doing so.-Chorea.
25. Skin.-Itching as from flannel on skin, esp. on chest and between shoulders.
27. Fever.-Chill, beginning in back.-Chill, > being warmly covered in bed.-Heat in evening, with dull headache.
“Materia Medica” is a term commonly used in the field of homeopathy to refer to a comprehensive collection of information on the characteristics and therapeutic uses of various natural substances, including plants, minerals, and animal products.
One such work is “Materia Medica,” a book written by Benoit Mure, a French homeopath, in the 19th century. The book is considered a valuable resource for homeopaths and is still widely used today.
In “Materia Medica,” Mure provides detailed information on over 100 homeopathic remedies, including their sources, preparation methods, physical and mental symptoms, and indications for use. He also discusses the philosophy and principles of homeopathy, as well as its history and development.
The book is known for its clear and concise writing style, and it has been praised for its accuracy and depth of knowledge. It remains a popular reference for homeopaths and students of homeopathy.
Overall, “Materia Medica” by Benoit Mure is an important work in the field of homeopathy and is highly recommended for anyone interested in learning about the use of natural remedies in the treatment of various health conditions.
Get Online Homeopathy Consultation And Homeopathy Medicines Free Homeopathy Medicines Consultation Safe and Effective Remedies for You and Your Family
Homoeopathy studies the whole person. Characteristics such as your temperament, personality, emotional and physical responses etc. are of utmost importance when prescribing a remedy. Thus please give as much information as possible and answer as many questions as possible. The answer boxes will scroll to meet your needs. You can ask for professional advice on any health-related and medical subject. Medicines could be bought from our Online Store or Homeopathic store near you.
Homoeopathy is a system of alternative medicine that is based on the concept of “like cures like.” It uses highly diluted substances that are believed to cause similar symptoms as the illness being treated.
There are many online homoeopathic Materia medica, which are resources that list and describe the properties and uses of different homoeopathic remedies. Some popular online homoeopathic Materia medica include:
Boericke’s Materia Medica: A comprehensive reference guide to homoeopathic remedies, including information on their uses, indications, and dosages.
Clarke’s Dictionary of Homeopathic Materia Medica: A well-respected and widely used reference that includes information on the symptoms that each remedy is used to treat.
Homeopathic Materia Medica by William Boer Icke: A popular homoeopathic reference book that provides in-depth information on a wide range of remedies, including their indications, symptoms, and uses.
The Complete Repertory by Roger van Zandvoort: A comprehensive online reference that provides information on remedies, symptoms, and indications, and allows users to search for treatments based on specific symptoms.
There are many writers who have contributed to the development of homoeopathic materia medica. Some of the most well-known include:
Samuel Hahnemann: The founder of homoeopathy, Hahnemann wrote extensively about the use of highly diluted substances in treating illness. He is best known for his work “Organon of the Medical Art,” which outlines the principles of homoeopathy.
James Tyler Kent: Kent was an American homoeopathic physician who is known for his contributions to homoeopathic materia medica. He wrote “Repertory of the Homeopathic Materia Medica,” which is still widely used today.
William Boericke: Boericke was an Austrian-American homoeopathic physician who wrote the “Pocket Manual of Homeopathic Materia Medica.” This book is considered one of the most comprehensive and widely used homoeopathic reference books.
George Vithoulkas: Vithoulkas is a Greek homoeopathic physician and teacher who has written several books on homoeopathic materia medica, including “The Science of Homeopathy” and “Essence of Materia Medica.”
Robin Murphy: Murphy is an American homoeopathic physician who has written several books on homoeopathic materia medica, including “Homeopathic Clinical Repertory” and “Homeopathic Medical Repertory.”