Duckweed. N. O. Lemnaceae or Pistiaceae. Tincture of the whole fresh plant.
Clinical.-Asthma. Nose, affections of. Ozaena. Polypus. Rhinitis atrophica.
Characteristics.-We owe this remedy, the common duckweed, with its brilliant green leaf and bladder-like float, to Dr. Cooper. Some tentative clinical experiments proved to him that Lemna had a very definite affinity for the nose, acting beneficially in cases of nasal obstruction and catarrh with or without polypus. Foul smell from the nose and foul taste in the morning on waking are indications; also < in damp weather, and especially in heavy rains. Burnett has recorded several cases of polypus in which immense relief was given by Lemna by shrinkage of the swelling, but not actual cure. On this Cooper remarks: “In bad cases of nasal polypi the tendency is to the growths filling up the cavities formed by removal, and, consequently, relief often appears temporary, when the case only requires repetition of the Unit Dose.” Asthma from nasal obstruction < in wet weather has been cured by it. I removed with Lemna 3x four times a day a very chronic catarrh in a lady, and at the same time made her tolerant of the smell of strong-scented flowers, which she could not bear before. In a man I cured with Lemna 3x, given three times a day, an aggravated nasal catarrh. In the morning he filled two pocket-handkerchiefs with yellow defluxion before he could get his nose clear. Cooper gave in all his cases single doses of the Ã˜ tincture, allowing them to expend their action before repeating. In three of his cases diarrhoea was set up. Shearer (Hom. Eye, Ear, and Throat Jour., 1895) found Lemna the best remedy in atrophic rhinitis, when crusts and muco-purulent discharge were very abundant. The Schema is made up of cured symptoms, and symptoms produced in patients.
Relations.-Compare: Cepa, Agraph. nut., Chlorum, &c., in nasal catarrh; Teucr., Calc. c. and Thuja in nasal polypus; Pso. (which it follows well), Cadm. s., Aur., K. bi., and Syph. in ozaena; Anac. in bad smell in nose. Follows well: Calc., Merc., Pso.
1. Mind.-Spirits braced up.
2. Head.-Flitting pains about head and legs, with pains in eyes during heavy rain, drowsy by day, restless at night.
4. Ears.-Improvement in hearing.
5. Nose.-Foul smell in nose, or loss of smell.-Smell of strong-scented flowers before intolerable can now be borne.-Feeling of cold in nose better, sense of obstruction nearly gone.-Nose blocked with polypi became almost cleared with Lemna Ã˜ after Calc. 2000, followed by Merc. 3 (given for faceache);-previously Lemna Ã˜ had been given without effect.-Nasal polypi in man, 60; markedly < in wet weather; after taking Lemna 3x gtt. v three times a day for a month said, “That is the best tonic I have ever taken”; and he could breathe quite comfortably.-Polypi which swell in wet weather.-Nostrils plugged by swollen turbinates.-Ozaena since childhood in girl of sixteen; odour most offensive; bad taste; takes cold easily in night air or damp; bowels and catamenia irregular, greatly relieved by Lemna.-Post-nasal ulceration high up, dry feeling at top of throat with flatulence, much catarrhal pharyngitis; two weeks after dose of Lemna Ã˜ nose less blocked and better in every respect; colic and diarrhoea followed.-Stuffiness of nose relieved; simultaneously an attack of diarrhoea.-Turbinate bones swollen.-Crusts form in r. nostril, pain like a string extends from r. nostril to r. ear, which is deaf (greatly relieved).-Excessive catarrh with frequent sneezing attacks.-Profuse yellow defluxion.-Atrophic rhinitis; crusts and muco-purulent discharge very abundant, with fetor.
6. Face.-Pallid, dullish, sickly look changed to a healthy complexion.
8. Mouth.-Foulness of mouth, putrid teeth.
9. Throat.-Sensation of intense dryness in pharynx and larynx (if given too low in atrophic rhinitis).-Dropping of foul secretion from posterior nares.
12. Abdomen.-Twisting pains in bowels, followed by diarrhoea.-Rumbling and disturbance in bowels.-Diarrhoea with pains across bowels as from flatus < after eating; with very putrid teeth.
13. Stool.-Diarrhoea.-Bowels acted freely with much heat in anus.-Disposition to morning diarrhoea.
17. Respiratory Organs.-Asthma, attacks coming on in rainy weather.
24. Generalities.-Diminishes sensitiveness to wet weather.
26. Sleep.-Snoring cured after an aggravation in the shape of diarrhoea.
“Materia Medica” is a term commonly used in the field of homeopathy to refer to a comprehensive collection of information on the characteristics and therapeutic uses of various natural substances, including plants, minerals, and animal products.
One such work is “Materia Medica,” a book written by Benoit Mure, a French homeopath, in the 19th century. The book is considered a valuable resource for homeopaths and is still widely used today.
In “Materia Medica,” Mure provides detailed information on over 100 homeopathic remedies, including their sources, preparation methods, physical and mental symptoms, and indications for use. He also discusses the philosophy and principles of homeopathy, as well as its history and development.
The book is known for its clear and concise writing style, and it has been praised for its accuracy and depth of knowledge. It remains a popular reference for homeopaths and students of homeopathy.
Overall, “Materia Medica” by Benoit Mure is an important work in the field of homeopathy and is highly recommended for anyone interested in learning about the use of natural remedies in the treatment of various health conditions.
Get Online Homeopathy Consultation And Homeopathy Medicines Free Homeopathy Medicines Consultation Safe and Effective Remedies for You and Your Family
Homoeopathy studies the whole person. Characteristics such as your temperament, personality, emotional and physical responses etc. are of utmost importance when prescribing a remedy. Thus please give as much information as possible and answer as many questions as possible. The answer boxes will scroll to meet your needs. You can ask for professional advice on any health-related and medical subject. Medicines could be bought from our Online Store or Homeopathic store near you.
Homoeopathy is a system of alternative medicine that is based on the concept of “like cures like.” It uses highly diluted substances that are believed to cause similar symptoms as the illness being treated.
There are many online homoeopathic Materia medica, which are resources that list and describe the properties and uses of different homoeopathic remedies. Some popular online homoeopathic Materia medica include:
Boericke’s Materia Medica: A comprehensive reference guide to homoeopathic remedies, including information on their uses, indications, and dosages.
Clarke’s Dictionary of Homeopathic Materia Medica: A well-respected and widely used reference that includes information on the symptoms that each remedy is used to treat.
Homeopathic Materia Medica by William Boer Icke: A popular homoeopathic reference book that provides in-depth information on a wide range of remedies, including their indications, symptoms, and uses.
The Complete Repertory by Roger van Zandvoort: A comprehensive online reference that provides information on remedies, symptoms, and indications, and allows users to search for treatments based on specific symptoms.
There are many writers who have contributed to the development of homoeopathic materia medica. Some of the most well-known include:
Samuel Hahnemann: The founder of homoeopathy, Hahnemann wrote extensively about the use of highly diluted substances in treating illness. He is best known for his work “Organon of the Medical Art,” which outlines the principles of homoeopathy.
James Tyler Kent: Kent was an American homoeopathic physician who is known for his contributions to homoeopathic materia medica. He wrote “Repertory of the Homeopathic Materia Medica,” which is still widely used today.
William Boericke: Boericke was an Austrian-American homoeopathic physician who wrote the “Pocket Manual of Homeopathic Materia Medica.” This book is considered one of the most comprehensive and widely used homoeopathic reference books.
George Vithoulkas: Vithoulkas is a Greek homoeopathic physician and teacher who has written several books on homoeopathic materia medica, including “The Science of Homeopathy” and “Essence of Materia Medica.”
Robin Murphy: Murphy is an American homoeopathic physician who has written several books on homoeopathic materia medica, including “Homeopathic Clinical Repertory” and “Homeopathic Medical Repertory.”