Menispermum Canadense. Moonseed. Yellow Parilla. N. O. Menispermaceae. Tincture of root. Trituration of Menisperminum.
Clinical.-Backache. Headache. Itching. Spine, pain in. Tongue, swelling of.
Characteristics.-Very considerable doses were taken in the proving of Menispermum. The most notable symptom was an intense headache combined with aching all down the back. Yawning and stretching were also a marked and frequent concomitant of headache and backache. Meni. is botanically related to Coccul., and the backache recalls the spinal action of the latter. But the Coccul. vertigo and intoxication were not elicited. Dryness was a common feature-mouth, throat, skin. Itching was very intense, as with Coccul. The Conditions were well marked: < At night. < By warmth of bed. > Walking in open air.
Relations.-Antidoted by: Bry., Chi. Compare: Coccul.
1. Mind.-Low-spirited, but attends to business rapidly.-Low-spirited but absent-minded.-Quick-tempered.
2. Head.-Headache, pressive from within out.-Intense headache, feels as if it would burst, with pain whole length of back (4th d.); lasted three or four days; > by Bry.; > walking in open air.-Headache: intense during night; with stretching and yawning; with feeling of fulness.-Severe headache through temples and occiput.
3. Eyes.-Eyes feel dry and swollen; during the night.
5. Nose.-Much sneezing.-Discharge of nasal mucus; excoriating.-Nostrils: dry, esp. l.; itch painfully; are sore.
6. Face.-A few pimples on face.
8. Mouth.-Tongue: coated (yellow), thicker at back, with raised papillae; dry and parched; swollen; as if burnt.-Mouth and throat dry during night.
9. Throat.-Throat dry and parched; without soreness.
11. Stomach.-Appetite and thirst increased.-Some nausea on waking.
12. Abdomen.-Pain in umbilical region.
13. Stool and Anus.-Tenesmus with regular stool.
14. Urinary Organs.-Urine: high-coloured and scanty; yellow; white thready clouds floating through.
17. Respiratory Organs.-Morning expectoration less and of lighter colour (curative).-Hurried respiration during the night.
20. Back.-Pain whole length of back, with intense headache; with yawning and stretching.
21. Limbs.-Aching in thighs, elbows, and shoulders; in external muscles of thigh and upper arm, also under l. scapula.
22. Upper Limbs.-Drawing in brachialis anticus.-Jerking near l. elbow.
23. Lower Limbs.-Aching: in bones of legs; upper part of l. femur and l. hip-joint.-Legs sore as if bruised, with pain in bones.
24. Generalities.-Stretching and yawning.-Laziness.-The pains were like those caused by large doses of Quinine and were > by China.
25. Skin.-Itching all over body, esp. buttocks, < warmth of bed.
26. Sleep.-Yawning and stretching with backache and headache.-Sleeps late and heavy in morning, disinclined to rise.-Restless; troubled and confused dreams; sudden starting from sleep.-Dreams: pleasing; of innumerable rats which creep under clothes; of cannonading.
27. Fever.-Chilly.-Skin cold and dry with some itching.-Face not and the pimples bleed easily.
“Materia Medica” is a term commonly used in the field of homeopathy to refer to a comprehensive collection of information on the characteristics and therapeutic uses of various natural substances, including plants, minerals, and animal products.
One such work is “Materia Medica,” a book written by Benoit Mure, a French homeopath, in the 19th century. The book is considered a valuable resource for homeopaths and is still widely used today.
In “Materia Medica,” Mure provides detailed information on over 100 homeopathic remedies, including their sources, preparation methods, physical and mental symptoms, and indications for use. He also discusses the philosophy and principles of homeopathy, as well as its history and development.
The book is known for its clear and concise writing style, and it has been praised for its accuracy and depth of knowledge. It remains a popular reference for homeopaths and students of homeopathy.
Overall, “Materia Medica” by Benoit Mure is an important work in the field of homeopathy and is highly recommended for anyone interested in learning about the use of natural remedies in the treatment of various health conditions.
Get Online Homeopathy Consultation And Homeopathy Medicines Free Homeopathy Medicines Consultation Safe and Effective Remedies for You and Your Family
Homoeopathy studies the whole person. Characteristics such as your temperament, personality, emotional and physical responses etc. are of utmost importance when prescribing a remedy. Thus please give as much information as possible and answer as many questions as possible. The answer boxes will scroll to meet your needs. You can ask for professional advice on any health-related and medical subject. Medicines could be bought from our Online Store or Homeopathic store near you.
Homoeopathy is a system of alternative medicine that is based on the concept of “like cures like.” It uses highly diluted substances that are believed to cause similar symptoms as the illness being treated.
There are many online homoeopathic Materia medica, which are resources that list and describe the properties and uses of different homoeopathic remedies. Some popular online homoeopathic Materia medica include:
Boericke’s Materia Medica: A comprehensive reference guide to homoeopathic remedies, including information on their uses, indications, and dosages.
Clarke’s Dictionary of Homeopathic Materia Medica: A well-respected and widely used reference that includes information on the symptoms that each remedy is used to treat.
Homeopathic Materia Medica by William Boer Icke: A popular homoeopathic reference book that provides in-depth information on a wide range of remedies, including their indications, symptoms, and uses.
The Complete Repertory by Roger van Zandvoort: A comprehensive online reference that provides information on remedies, symptoms, and indications, and allows users to search for treatments based on specific symptoms.
There are many writers who have contributed to the development of homoeopathic materia medica. Some of the most well-known include:
Samuel Hahnemann: The founder of homoeopathy, Hahnemann wrote extensively about the use of highly diluted substances in treating illness. He is best known for his work “Organon of the Medical Art,” which outlines the principles of homoeopathy.
James Tyler Kent: Kent was an American homoeopathic physician who is known for his contributions to homoeopathic materia medica. He wrote “Repertory of the Homeopathic Materia Medica,” which is still widely used today.
William Boericke: Boericke was an Austrian-American homoeopathic physician who wrote the “Pocket Manual of Homeopathic Materia Medica.” This book is considered one of the most comprehensive and widely used homoeopathic reference books.
George Vithoulkas: Vithoulkas is a Greek homoeopathic physician and teacher who has written several books on homoeopathic materia medica, including “The Science of Homeopathy” and “Essence of Materia Medica.”
Robin Murphy: Murphy is an American homoeopathic physician who has written several books on homoeopathic materia medica, including “Homeopathic Clinical Repertory” and “Homeopathic Medical Repertory.”