Spiggurus Martini (Mure). Histrix subspinosum. Histrix prehensilis. Tree Porcupine. N. O. Sphingurinae. Trituration of prickles taken from one of the sides.
Clinical.-Hair falling out (head; beard). Jaw-joint, pains in. Stammering. Zygoma, pain in.
Characteristics.-The Old World porcupines have the name Histricinae, those of the New World Sphingurinae. Mure proved the 3x trituration of the prickles. The most noteworthy symptoms were-failing out of the hair, of whiskers especially; pain in the jaw-joint and right zygoma. Itching of the pubes after taking tea. Embarrassed speech. Nausea at sight of food. The symptoms are: < Lying down. < After tea. > Walking in open air. > After dinner.
1. Mind.-Capricious mood.-Everything is disagreeable to him.
2. Head.-Dizziness behind the head.-Prickings on vertex.-Darting through l. skull-bones.-Hemicrania.-Boring pain in skull after breakfast.-The hair falls off.
4. Ears.-Deafness in l. ear.-Whizzing and buzzing in ears.
6. Face.-Pain in articulation of jaw.-Pain in right zygoma.-Desquamation of whiskers.
8. Mouth.-Bleeding of gums.-Bitter mouth, with salt taste.-Embarrassed speech.
11. Stomach.-Nausea, with piercing pain in back.-Desire to vomit at sight of food.-Drowsy after dinner.-Constrictive pain in stomach.-Dry and full feeling in stomach at night.-Shootings in epigastrium.
12. Abdomen.-Sense of fulness in abdomen.-Painful swelling of abdomen before dinner.-Pain around navel.
14. Urinary Organs.-Violent pains in l. kidney.-Pain in urethra after urinating, < stooping.-Itching of pubes after taking tea.
17. Respiratory Organs.-Cough with pain in chest.
18. Chest.-Pain in intercostal muscles.-Pain in r. side as from a plug.
19. Heart.-Stitch in heart.
20. Neck.-Constriction from neck to diaphragm.
22. Upper Limbs.-Pain in r. arm, as if broken.-Pain at lower end of r. forearm.-Pain in r. arm as if extension were prevented by a string.
23. Lower Limbs.-Knees give way.-Heat and numbness of feet.-Cracks between toes.-Lancing pain in r. big toe.
24. Generalities.-Passing pains in toes, r, temple, and one canine tooth.-Weakness.-Numbness.-Symptoms < lying down; > walking in open air; > after dinner.
25. Skin.-Itching all over with bleeding after scratching.
26. Sleep.-Yawning.-Morning dream about a serpent.-Merry dreams.
27. Fever.-Shuddering.-Shuddering with chattering of teeth.
“Materia Medica” is a term commonly used in the field of homeopathy to refer to a comprehensive collection of information on the characteristics and therapeutic uses of various natural substances, including plants, minerals, and animal products.
One such work is “Materia Medica,” a book written by Benoit Mure, a French homeopath, in the 19th century. The book is considered a valuable resource for homeopaths and is still widely used today.
In “Materia Medica,” Mure provides detailed information on over 100 homeopathic remedies, including their sources, preparation methods, physical and mental symptoms, and indications for use. He also discusses the philosophy and principles of homeopathy, as well as its history and development.
The book is known for its clear and concise writing style, and it has been praised for its accuracy and depth of knowledge. It remains a popular reference for homeopaths and students of homeopathy.
Overall, “Materia Medica” by Benoit Mure is an important work in the field of homeopathy and is highly recommended for anyone interested in learning about the use of natural remedies in the treatment of various health conditions.
Get Online Homeopathy Consultation And Homeopathy Medicines Free Homeopathy Medicines Consultation Safe and Effective Remedies for You and Your Family
Homoeopathy studies the whole person. Characteristics such as your temperament, personality, emotional and physical responses etc. are of utmost importance when prescribing a remedy. Thus please give as much information as possible and answer as many questions as possible. The answer boxes will scroll to meet your needs. You can ask for professional advice on any health-related and medical subject. Medicines could be bought from our Online Store or Homeopathic store near you.
Homoeopathy is a system of alternative medicine that is based on the concept of “like cures like.” It uses highly diluted substances that are believed to cause similar symptoms as the illness being treated.
There are many online homoeopathic Materia medica, which are resources that list and describe the properties and uses of different homoeopathic remedies. Some popular online homoeopathic Materia medica include:
Boericke’s Materia Medica: A comprehensive reference guide to homoeopathic remedies, including information on their uses, indications, and dosages.
Clarke’s Dictionary of Homeopathic Materia Medica: A well-respected and widely used reference that includes information on the symptoms that each remedy is used to treat.
Homeopathic Materia Medica by William Boer Icke: A popular homoeopathic reference book that provides in-depth information on a wide range of remedies, including their indications, symptoms, and uses.
The Complete Repertory by Roger van Zandvoort: A comprehensive online reference that provides information on remedies, symptoms, and indications, and allows users to search for treatments based on specific symptoms.
There are many writers who have contributed to the development of homoeopathic materia medica. Some of the most well-known include:
Samuel Hahnemann: The founder of homoeopathy, Hahnemann wrote extensively about the use of highly diluted substances in treating illness. He is best known for his work “Organon of the Medical Art,” which outlines the principles of homoeopathy.
James Tyler Kent: Kent was an American homoeopathic physician who is known for his contributions to homoeopathic materia medica. He wrote “Repertory of the Homeopathic Materia Medica,” which is still widely used today.
William Boericke: Boericke was an Austrian-American homoeopathic physician who wrote the “Pocket Manual of Homeopathic Materia Medica.” This book is considered one of the most comprehensive and widely used homoeopathic reference books.
George Vithoulkas: Vithoulkas is a Greek homoeopathic physician and teacher who has written several books on homoeopathic materia medica, including “The Science of Homeopathy” and “Essence of Materia Medica.”
Robin Murphy: Murphy is an American homoeopathic physician who has written several books on homoeopathic materia medica, including “Homeopathic Clinical Repertory” and “Homeopathic Medical Repertory.”