Kali acetas. Acetate of Potash. Normal Potassic Acetate. KC2 H3 O2. Solution in distilled water.
Clinical.-Diabetes. Diarrhoea. Dropsy. Haemorrhoids. Urine, alkaline.
Characteristics.-Kali acet. is a well-known diuretic (and in less degree cathartic) in allopathic practice. These actions are positive and direct; and the homoeopathic uses are chiefly in cases of over-secretion of urine and in diarrhoea. One of the main purposes for which its diuretic and cathartic properties are sought by allopaths is as derivative in cases of dropsy, chiefly ascites and hydrothorax. It is quite possible that this action may be specific, that is homoeopathic, and not merely derivative; for both Acet. ac. and the Kali cause great disturbance in the circulation of fluids in the tissues. A few provings have been made, and these have brought out a preponderance of abdominal and urinary symptoms-griping, diarrhoea, bleeding of haemorrhoids, increased flow of urine, which was more watery and alkaline. Weakness; trembling; profuse perspiration, especially about the head. Symptoms generally were < in morning, but there was a headache, < 4 p.m.
Relations.-Compare: Acet. ac., Kali c., Am. ac.; Lyc. (< 4 p.m.).
2. Head.-Headache about 4 p.m.-Dull headache in morning.-Much perspiration of head, esp. 11 to 1.
11. Stomach.-Constrictive, dull pain in stomach, extending to low down in abdomen, gradually disappearing after two hours.-Dull, pressive, pinching, and constrictive pain in epigastric region, coming on a few minutes after each dose, and lasting an hour.
12. Abdomen.-Pains in region of umbilicus, lasting without cessation until going to bed, when they suddenly disappeared, and I was able to sleep through the night.-Unnatural distension of abdomen after supper.-Griping.-An indefinite gnawing pain in abdomen lasting an hour in afternoon.-Gnawing sensation in abdomen at 9.15 a.m., which became painful after fifteen minutes and lasted till evening.
13. Stool.-Discharge of haemorrhoidal blood several times during day.-Diarrhoea.-Two stools in evening.
14. Urinary Organs.-Urine very much increased in quantity and very watery.-Urine: 16 ounces in twenty-four hours, containing 416 grains of solids; after three drachms had been taken, in the course of twenty-four hours she passed 46 ounces of urine containing 782 grains of solids, with an excess of 72 grains of urea over the amount in the 16 ounces of urine passed when no medicine was taken.-During the proving the urine evolved ammonia.-Urine strongly alkaline; sweetish odour; yellow colour.
21. Limbs.-Great weariness of all limbs, with some headache.-Extreme weariness and trembling in all limbs, in morning.
23. Lower Limbs.-The weariness in lower limbs and the dull headache disappeared half an hour after the afternoon nap.
24. Generalities.-Trembling and anxiety in whole body of transient duration.
27. Fever.-Much perspiration on head, esp. from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. (4th d.).-Profuse perspiration, which was very offensive, during a walk of two hours (7th d.).
“Materia Medica” is a term commonly used in the field of homeopathy to refer to a comprehensive collection of information on the characteristics and therapeutic uses of various natural substances, including plants, minerals, and animal products.
One such work is “Materia Medica,” a book written by Benoit Mure, a French homeopath, in the 19th century. The book is considered a valuable resource for homeopaths and is still widely used today.
In “Materia Medica,” Mure provides detailed information on over 100 homeopathic remedies, including their sources, preparation methods, physical and mental symptoms, and indications for use. He also discusses the philosophy and principles of homeopathy, as well as its history and development.
The book is known for its clear and concise writing style, and it has been praised for its accuracy and depth of knowledge. It remains a popular reference for homeopaths and students of homeopathy.
Overall, “Materia Medica” by Benoit Mure is an important work in the field of homeopathy and is highly recommended for anyone interested in learning about the use of natural remedies in the treatment of various health conditions.
Get Online Homeopathy Consultation And Homeopathy Medicines Free Homeopathy Medicines Consultation Safe and Effective Remedies for You and Your Family
Homoeopathy studies the whole person. Characteristics such as your temperament, personality, emotional and physical responses etc. are of utmost importance when prescribing a remedy. Thus please give as much information as possible and answer as many questions as possible. The answer boxes will scroll to meet your needs. You can ask for professional advice on any health-related and medical subject. Medicines could be bought from our Online Store or Homeopathic store near you.
Homoeopathy is a system of alternative medicine that is based on the concept of “like cures like.” It uses highly diluted substances that are believed to cause similar symptoms as the illness being treated.
There are many online homoeopathic Materia medica, which are resources that list and describe the properties and uses of different homoeopathic remedies. Some popular online homoeopathic Materia medica include:
Boericke’s Materia Medica: A comprehensive reference guide to homoeopathic remedies, including information on their uses, indications, and dosages.
Clarke’s Dictionary of Homeopathic Materia Medica: A well-respected and widely used reference that includes information on the symptoms that each remedy is used to treat.
Homeopathic Materia Medica by William Boer Icke: A popular homoeopathic reference book that provides in-depth information on a wide range of remedies, including their indications, symptoms, and uses.
The Complete Repertory by Roger van Zandvoort: A comprehensive online reference that provides information on remedies, symptoms, and indications, and allows users to search for treatments based on specific symptoms.
There are many writers who have contributed to the development of homoeopathic materia medica. Some of the most well-known include:
Samuel Hahnemann: The founder of homoeopathy, Hahnemann wrote extensively about the use of highly diluted substances in treating illness. He is best known for his work “Organon of the Medical Art,” which outlines the principles of homoeopathy.
James Tyler Kent: Kent was an American homoeopathic physician who is known for his contributions to homoeopathic materia medica. He wrote “Repertory of the Homeopathic Materia Medica,” which is still widely used today.
William Boericke: Boericke was an Austrian-American homoeopathic physician who wrote the “Pocket Manual of Homeopathic Materia Medica.” This book is considered one of the most comprehensive and widely used homoeopathic reference books.
George Vithoulkas: Vithoulkas is a Greek homoeopathic physician and teacher who has written several books on homoeopathic materia medica, including “The Science of Homeopathy” and “Essence of Materia Medica.”
Robin Murphy: Murphy is an American homoeopathic physician who has written several books on homoeopathic materia medica, including “Homeopathic Clinical Repertory” and “Homeopathic Medical Repertory.”